The OE spring shackles should be replaced on Cherokee XJ models any time longer leaf springs are installed for the benefit of increased suspension travel. The shape and size do not allow enough shackle "swing" to take advantage of the additional spring length. By inhibiting proper spring operation, ride quality & performance suffer & related suspension components wear prematurely. Alas, the benefits of longer leaf springs can not be truly realized unless accompanied by a proper shackle upgrade.
JKS OGS651 HD Rear Shackle
- Brand: JKS Manufacturing
- SKU: JKS-OGS651
- Part Number: OGS651
1984-2001 Cherokee XJ
Your discount may still be available. Contact us in Live Chat
Price match guarantee
We know our products
Always the correct part
In the continental US
Get a Quote
Have a Question?
Talk to a Specialist Now
- Boomerang style shackle optimizes rear suspension travel by allowing full compression and extension of leaf springs
- Extended length increases rear ride height 1" for improved tire clearance
- Greasable Dura-Thane chassis bushing is included for smooth, quiet operation and easy lubrication
- Rigid design prevents binding and bushing fatigue commonly associated with OE and inferior shackle designs
- Heavy duty construction ensures correct operation of springs and bushings under severe off-road conditions
- Durable powdercoat finish provides long-lasting protection
- XJ & MJ Rear Shackle.
- SJ Front Shackle.